Happy new month.
I’m reading the Shopify Twitter Marketing Guide I downloaded a few days ago. You can send an email if you will like a copy.
1. In 2016, over 332 million active users were tweeting at a rate of 6,000 tweets per second. Calculate how many tweets are being churned out daily (Hint: 60 seconds make one minute, 60 minutes make one hour, 24 hours make one day)
2. Before you jump into using Twitter for your business, outline your objectives. You obviously want to make sales but you need to go deeper.
To clarify your objectives, ask yourself these questions:
- Why do my customers love me? Why would potential customers love me!
- How do my customers engage with me?
3. You can use the Advanced Twitter Search to find potential customers and start conversations with them.
4. You can use Twitter to check what those running businesses similar to yours are doing.
5. Your Twitter Feed is good for catching up on the trending conversations for the day and find the best conversations to join.
6. Your notifications help you know who is following you truly (this will help you with planning your content).
7. Your DM is a good place to follow up with people that have questions or concerns about your business.
8. Find influential people in your industry and follow them to keep tabs on them. When you follow them, they may decide to follow back.
9. Your followers are your core audience. If you share what they can relate with, they will engage by liking, replying to and/or retweeting your tweets, thus spreading your message AND your brand.
10. Liking a tweet is a great way to acknowledge another user’s message. If you constantly like people’s tweets, you may pique the interest of your target audience.
11. Retweeting is a great way to endorse another user’s idea or message. Remember that whatever you retweet will FOREVER be associated with your brand. Think before you retweet.
12. Pin tweets you really need people to see.
13. The hashtag is a powerful way to discover and reach different communities.
14. You need to strategize on how often you plan to tweet and what kind of content you plan to share. You can decide to create your own content, curate other people’s content or do a mix.
15. The rule of thumb for optimal content sharing and self-promotion is 80/20. 80% of your updates should be interesting to your audience to promote engagement and 20% of your content should promote your business.
I’m sure you know there’s more in the 64 page guide than what I shared, right? I actually stopped at Page 23.
You can send an email, if you are interested in getting a copy of the Shopify Twitter Marketing Guide.
You can sign up for the Maximize Your Online Presence Training coming up from February 8, 2018 to February 22, 2018 in a WhatsApp group.