Looks like yesterday was Ikokore day in the TTM Food Store o.
Cynthia opened the conversation and shared a picture of her Ikokore in progress. Madam Gladys of Home Mealss continued the conversation with her own version and shared a picture of her own already cooked.
Ikokore in progress by Cynthia
We started talking about recipes so I dug out this recipe by Oluwawande Aremu of Onedee Catering and Events.
- 1/2 small tuber of water yam
- Fresh pepper
- Fresh tomatoes
- 2 bulbs of oniouns
- Salt to taste
- 2 cooking spoons of palm oil
- Dry fish /smoked fish/fresh fish
- Ponmo/ meat (diced)
1. Peel your water yam and grate with the nail part of your grater. Mix with little salt and seasoning and set aside.
2. Put your pot on fire, with a cup of water. Blend pepper tomatoes and onions and add to water with other ingredients and leave to cook for a while. You can add more water incase it dries a little.
3. Drop your grated water yam in the liquid mix in small ball sizes.
4. Lower the heat of fire to avoid getting the ikokore burnt.
5. Leave to cook till done. You can add little water if too thick.
Ikokore is ready by Madam Gladys of Home Meals
You can send in your food recipes and kitchen tips in an email.