Recipe by Funmi Fabusuyi
1. Mix flour and margarine or vegetable oil together.
2. Proof your yeast by adding it to a lukewarm water and reasonable quantity of sugar to the yeast. You will know the yeast is alive when its foams on top and has an aromatic smell.
3. Pour the yeast in the flour, add egg (optional).
4. Mix and knead the flour on a floured flat surface until it is well kneaded.
5. Put the dough in an oil container and cover for 1 hour or until the flour has risen to double its size.
6. Knead again to remove air trapped then cut into desired shapes and sizes.
Bread Rolls By Funmi Fabusuyi
7. Put in the baking pan. Allow to rise for 30 minutes and bake in the oven for like 20- 40 minutes depending on the size of the dough and the temperature of the oven.
8. Make a little sugar mix and rub the exposed surface of the bread with it to make it golden brown and shiny.
Enjoy with butter, egg, akara or anything of your choice.
Send your recipes, kitchen tips etc in an email to get them published.