For the cake
1 cup flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup plus 2
tablespoon cocoa powder
2 oz chocolate (chopped)
1/2 cup boiling water
1 cup butter (softened)
1 1/2 cup sugar
For chocolate ganache:
3 oz chocolate (chopped)
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Prepare and grease your loaf pan and line it with paper sheet for baking.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour and salt.
3. In a separate heat proof bowl, add the chopped chocolate and pour boiling water over to melt the chocolate. Set it aside and let it cool for a few minutes.
4. Cream the butter and sugar until it’s fluffy, add chocolate and cocoa powder and mix it well
5. Add eggs one by one, and stir well in every addition. Gently add the mixture of flour and salt, stir it well.
6. Spread the mixture evenly in your pan, then tap the pan slightly (a few times) on your work surface to eliminate air bubbles.
7. Bake in preheated oven at 325 degrees F for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Remove the pan and transfer into a rack and let it cool slightly. Once slightly cool, flip it over on a plate and let it cool completely.
9. Make the chocolate ganache while the cake is cooling. Melt the chocolate and whisk in the heavy whipping cream until become silky. Spread it over the cake. Then sprinkle colorful candy sprinkles.
Slice and serve. Enjoy!!!
Source: Mama’s Guide Recipes